Yesterday I decided to make blueberry muffins from scratch, but not just any blueberry muffin, the perfect blueberry muffin. Since it was my first time making them from scratch I did some research online. I spent about an hour comparing recipes and deciding which “best blueberry muffin in the world” claim to believe. Since most of the recipes I found had the same ingredients in different amounts I decided I would try making several batches altering the ingredient amounts until I find the perfect recipe. So here goes muffin #1.
The recipe yields 12 muffins.
1 cup fresh blueberries, rinsed and patted dry
2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbsp margarine
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 375° F. Grease muffin tin or line cups with liners.
2. Place blueberries in a small bowl and sprinkle 2 Tbsp flour over berries. Stir to coat evenly.
3. In a small bowl mix remaining flour, baking powder, and salt.
4. In a large bowl, cream margarine, and gradually mix in sugar. Beat eggs, and stir into creamed mixture along with vanilla. Stir in milk alternately with flour mixture, mixing well after each addition.
5. Fold in berries.
6. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with batter.
7. Bake for 24 minutes.
This one definitely had a fan . . .